We can’t wait t get back in the water and we’re doing everything we can to make sure it is safe to do so and adhering to new guidelines set out by the government and surfing’s governing body, Surfing England.
Here’s what we have done to ensure your safety whilst surfing with One To One Surf.
· Instructors and customers will maintain a safe distance at all times possible.
· Equipment cleaned between every session
· Anyone displaying symptoms or who may have been exposed to the virus will not be able to take part and must remain at home
· Water safety will remain our number 1 priority and any measures taken to protect customers and staff will not detract from our ability to safely deliver a surf lesson
· We will communicate clearly with our customers in advance of any booking as to what measures have been taken and what we expect from them
· All bookings and payment will be done online and in advance of every session along with details of meeting places, where to wait, expectations and process’
· The session will not go ahead unless a waiver has been read and signed
· Our normal operating procedures and emergency operating procedures have been updated in line with the new guidance and are available on request
· Covid-19 has been added to our risk assessment
· We will regularly clean all touch points (before and after every session) in our van along with changing areas
· Hand sanitiser will be available both at our van and on the beach at all times
· Wetsuits and surfboards will be thoroughly cleaned after every session with disinfectant
Looking after the customer
· Upon booking, clear instructions will be given to each customer about where to meet, wait and what to do during your lesson
· All belongings will be stored in a separate box during your session which will be disinfected between sessions
Looking after our instructors
· All instructors are trained in and understand our new procedures
· All instructors will check in with regular updates from Surfing England, the ISA and UK government guidelines
The surf lesson
· The customer experience remains high on our list, ensuring you have a fun & safe experience
· The lesson plan will be shared with you before each session. We will attain your current ability before the session and ensure new techniques are fully understood before hitting the water
· Our rules on social distancing and water safety will be clearly on display
· Instructors are advised on how to spot coronavirus symptoms and what action to take if spotted
· Measures are in place to address non-compliant behaviour
It is with deep regret that we have closed the doors at One to One Surf with immediate effect.
We would like to thank each of our customers over the last 4 years, we have met some wonderful people.
We can highly recommend Blue surf school, Wavehunters or King Surf as alternative schools to surf with.
Thank you and we hope to see you in the waves at Watergate Bay.